Tuesday 7 January 2014

Elsa from Frozen


Hello my fellow bloggers, drawers and readers. I've recently watched Disney's new movie, Frozen and I've instantly fell in love with the characters. If you don't know the movie, or you'd like to know what it is about, he's the official trailer for it !


I've decided to base my drawing on Elsa, the woman who has brought Arendelle into an enternal winter. She was told to keep her powers a secret so she wouldn't harm anybody, but once her powers were revealed to the village, people were frighted and she was too. Elsa decided to leave Arendelle forever.

This is the original picture, this is what I based my drawing on :


                                                            This is my drawing :



I'm pretty happy with the final out-come, besides a few minor details that I will explain later on because I want to teach you what I've done wrong so you don't do the same. The hardest bit of the drawing was the hair because of two main aspects - first off, getting the layers of her hair correct because of the hair being pushed back. Second, the colour of it. This may seem a bit silly, but her hair colour is very hard to get right because it's so light, so I had to shade a yellow and a light grey together to create the correct shade !










Things that could be improved :

First, I do not like the way I've done the lips - they seem unnatural and thin. Although, I find drawing mouths hard anyway and its not the worst mouth that I've ever drawn 


The last thing that I failed at was her boobs. They're uneven and slightly pointy. I don't draw them often though, so I assume I'll get better at it once I get more practice 



That Is all for now, I hope you love the drawing and get ready for the next drawing coming your way.. At some point.

If you have any suggestions for ways I could improve the blog or a drawing, even a suggestion for a drawing, send me an email at cheekychat988@gmail.com. I'll probably do it !
Lots of love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment